Monday, July 30, 2012

Smooshy Protein Pie

Yesterday, I went to town on cooking for the week. Mom and I did turkey loaf, which I may or may not have posted already, baked veggies, broccoli, quinoa, hard boiled eggs, Jamie Eason pumpkin protein bread, blueberry scones (needs some work), chicken, spaghetti squash, and... that's all. We were crazy! All of these recipes are fantastic, don't get me wrong. And I'll post all of them eventually if I haven't already. I started following instafitness, or something of the like on Instagram, and they just have the most creative ideas! It's kind of D-bagish, I'm not going to lie. But I had to jump on the cool kid wagon! These ideas are awesome! Originally the recipe called for vanilla whey and blueberries. Well I didn't have no stinkin' blueberries, nor did we have vanilla whey. But I did have chocolate whey and bananas. My recipe is bomb. Check it.

Need:
1. 3 cups of oats
2. 6 scoops of chocolate why
3. cinnamon to taste
4. 2 egg whites
5. 3.5 cups of coconut milk
6. 8 packets of artificial sweetener
7. 1.5 medium bananas
8. 2 tbsp. natural peanut butter (None of that Jiffy crap. That shit will kill you.) Next time we make it, I'm going to sub out the peanut butter with PB2 to cut that fat content. 
9. 1 teaspoon of baking powder

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 375. 
2. Mash the crap out of the bananas. Add whites, coconut milk, and peanut butter (if your not using PB2). If you are using peanut butter, let it come to room temperature before you add it in. Makes the next step a teensy bit easier. 
3. Beat your wet ingredients. Slowly add your oats, whey, cinnamon, sweetener, and baking powder. Continue beating until you achieve a smooth consistency. 
4. Using Pam or your favorite nonstick spray, spray a pan and add the batter. This is where it gets tricky. The consistency of this wonderfulness isn't really pie like. It's more bread like. Really you should you a 12X8 pan. I didn't have a 12X8 pan. I had a ginormous Costco size pie pan though. Viola...my bread became a pie. If you have a ginormous Costco size pie pan, use that. If your a normal person and you don't, use a 12X8. That will be just fine.
5. Bake at 375 for 35-40 minutes. Enjoy.

Serves 8 if your a man, and 16 if you're a lady.

This is awesome in the morning to get a good dose of carbs before a morning workout. I hope you guys like it.

SM


No comments:

Post a Comment