Monday, July 16, 2012

Tuna

When I think of tuna, I think of cat food. (And my friend's super cute dog.) But mostly cat food. It's gross; it comes in a can; it smells bad. I could go on and on. But it's super high in protein and a great snack. Back in my bodybuilding day, I knew a guy who ate a ton of it. I mean, a lot. He shared this awesome recipe with me. Let me know what you think.

1. Canned tuna. I use Kirkland brand from Costco in water. It's super nast if you get the crap packed in oil. Stick to water. If you can find a low sodium option, do it.
2. Red bell pepper
3. Corn. Get the real kind. It's in season right now.
4. Cucumber
5. Fresh lemon
6. Pepper

1. Dice the bell peppers and cucumbers small.
2. Drain your tuna and break up the chunks
3. Cook the corn and shuck from the ear
4. Mix everything together and squeeze the lemons into the delicious mess. Add pepper to your taste.

Enjoy. 

I eat my tuna with my salads usually. Enjoy it wrapped in lettuce or mix it with mustard or nasty pants light mayo (I hate mayonnaise) and make yourself a tuna sand. 

Whatever your flavor, enjoy.

SM.

No comments:

Post a Comment