Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Fishy Foil Packets

I eat a ton of fish. Especially when I'm going through a no-meat phase. My personal favorite, thats nearly impossible to find, is orange roughy. I could eat it 8 days a week, 3 meals a day. I might grow gills. Honestly. It's the perfect fish. It has a slight sweetness to it, so it's great with almost any kind of citrus recipes. This is how I do it:

1. Orange rough fillets. You'll mostly find it frozen, so shoot for three to five ounces.
2. Red bell pepper
3. Diced white onion
4. Ground red pepper
5. Lemon
6. Tin foil
7. Olive oil spray or just good ol' extra virgin olive oil

1. Preheat your oven to 425.
2. Defrost your fish.
2. Slice your bell pepper into thin strips. 
3. To construct, place your fish in the center of a piece of tin foil. Make sure that you cut a large enough piece so that you can pinch it closed on the top and on the sides.
4. Add your diced onion, red peppers, ground pepper, and the squeeze of half a lemon. 
5. Fold the top and the sides of the packet shut. Place on a cooking sheet for about 14 minutes, and boom! Delicious little white fish is on your plate. 

You can do this with almost any fish. I've made this with tilapia and mahi, although your cooking times and oven temperature will be different. It's great with a mixture of lemon, lime, and a bit of orange squeeze. I also love to add fresh minced garlic. Pair this recipe with a warm spinach salad or maybe roasted veggies. 

SM.

No comments:

Post a Comment