Monday, July 23, 2012

Strong is the new Skinny

Do you track your food? I can tell you that I have records of what I've eaten nearly everyday for the last   six years or so. Obsessive? Maybe. When I look back at how my eating has changed, I'm blown away. In high school, I struggled with my weight. The majority of my friends were petite and super adorable, and I was this awkward, kinda hefty, gigantically tall person with big knockers. It made me sad. Even my best friends made fun of me. (You know who you are hoe. Ha. Love you chick.) When I turned 16, I decided I didn't like being that way anymore, so I sought other methods (most dangerous and unhealthy) to lose weight. By 18, a lot of it had come off. But 20, it was right back on.

I met my first trainer was 21. He introduced me to clean, simple eating and working out. Over the last few years, I've changed my outlook on what I think is beautiful. I now value my health more than a size zero tag on a pair of expensive jeans. I personally think that muscle and shape is far sexier than a walking stick. I eat the way I do and work out the way I do because I enjoy it. I don't need to explain it to anyone, nor justify my reasons for ordering my chicken grilled dry. This is me; this is what I am and who I want to be.

I've set five goals for myself in the next five years. 
1. Graduate. Numero uno. 
2. Move out. Baby bird needs to fly.
3. Get a job. A real job. Maybe one that offers benefits and a retirement? (The hair on my neck just stood up.)
4. Compete in an NPC show
5. The fifth goal is personal. But it's awesome too.

I think these are reasonable. And I'm going to do all of this while tracking my food, working out five to six days a week, and working. Boom.


Summer 2011



Summer 2012

Track yourself. 




SM

No comments:

Post a Comment