Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Plan. Prep. Pack.

Plan. Prep. Pack.

Planning your meals is usually the biggest pain in the ass. Thinking about where you're going to be on what days in the week is a huge headache. And not only that, but our days are constantly changing. So how do you plan your food for a week that is constantly changing? Create recipes in bulk. Or buy in bulk. Whatever your flavor, you can find something that you love to eat. Personally, I've found a ton of recipes. And they're all really simple. One thing that I love is Greek yogurt. I'm a personal fan of Fage 0%. You can buy it at Costco, which is awesome because that means its cheaper. It's pretty much the business. It's really high in protein, low in carb, moderate in calorie. But any kind of Greek yogurt will do. Trader Joe's makes a really good one too. It's creamier, so it's good for sauces and sour cream substitutions. For a quickie snack, try:

6 oz. Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon of chai seeds. These fibrous little wonders are amazing. They thicken the already thick Greek yogurt. It's almost like your eating... I don't know. Just trust me.
2 packets of a sweetener of your choice
Cinnamon. I use a ton of cinnamons because its noms. And the health benefits. That helps too.

 My mom, myself, and my boyfriend always prep our food once a week. (They're super inspiring people in my life. I talk about them a lot. Brad. And Mom. Awesome people.) Anyways,  Sunday is usually cooking day. Cooking day and I have a love/hate relationship. It's kind of bitch; I'm not going to lie. But let me tell you, it's also super relaxing. I get so much enjoyment out of my creations. It's also awesome because it's designated time that I spend with my mother and Brad. We bond. We laugh. Isn't that nice?

Pack your meals. I eat 6-7 meals a day. Every 2-3 hours, I eat something. Sometimes people give me shit because of how often I eat. But I know I'm doing myself a favor. Invest in Tupperware. It's amazing.

Food for thought. Tomorrow I won't rant. I'll actually post a recipe.

SM.

No comments:

Post a Comment