Monday, July 23, 2012

Italian Turkey and Way-Too-Much-Work Fire Roasted Veggies

So I know I said I didn't eat meat, or that I wasn't going to eat meat anymore.... I lied. I'm back at it.

Jamie Eason makes these bomb little turkey meat balls. It's kind of a lot of work, so this is my much lazier twist on her recipe. I'll post her recipe one of these days.

1. Two packages of 99/1 turkey meat. 
2. 3 cups of spinach rough chopped
3. 3/4 to 1 cup diced onion
4. Four egg whites
5. One cup quick oats. (Don't use regular oats. Nast pants.)
6. Two cloves of minced garlic
7. Different Italian spices. This go around, I used oregano, sage, thyme, and dried basil. But whatever butters your biscuit if fine. Just put however much you want. Whatever fits your pallet. 

1. Preheat the oven to 375. 
2. Mix all ingredients together in a big bowl. 
3. Cut a piece of foil and place on a baking sheet. Spray with Pam or olive oil mist.
4. Form two cutsey little loaves. 
5. Bake for 35-40  minutes. 

Enjoy.

I say 35-40 minutes because it depends on your oven. Today I made two loaves at 375 for 40 minutes and those fucking things were like sand. Too dry. I would recommend 35 minutes if you're going to do two. Just keep an eye on it by that time.

For lunch, I had this with my way-too-much-work-but-totes-amazing grilled veggies salad. Here's what you'll need:

1. Three red peppers
2. Two Japanese eggplants
3. Two portobello mushroo,ms
4. Two zucchini's
5. Five mini ears of corn
6. Artichoke. (I fucked up the artichoke. But if you know how to prep them without destroying them, do it. Grilled artichokes are awesome.)

1. Prep your grill. I have charcoal, which is a huge pain in the ass. But it makes everything taste good, so I'm good with that.
2. Wash and slice all veggies into bug chunks. 
3. Grill vegetables until you get a nice char on them. I'd say 20ish minutes.
4. Once off the grill, let them cool and then slice into smaller pieces. Refrigerate and enjoy. This is really good on top of arugula with an herb vinaigrette.

SM


No comments:

Post a Comment