Monday, August 13, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Pudding Popa

I had a really good day today. I woke up this morning feeling awfully creative, when I decided to hit up Instaturd for a few recipe ideas. I follow this nice young lady named get fit_feel sexy (no user name judgement at all) that posts super good ideas. Sometimes, they're a little meh (zucchini scones) and sometimes I freak out at how awesome they are. So today, she made a variation of this wonderful fro yo recipe she has. As you all may or may not know, I love sweets. I'm nutty for any sort of almond, peanut, or cashew butter; I could eat an entire cheesecake to myself; chocolate cannot be kept in my house; small delicious little pastries are my... you get the point. Anyways, these fro yo pops are awesome. She made a variation that included cinnamon. Although I do love me some spicy cinnamon, I was feeling chocolatey today, so I mixed it up. Ah, the beauty of cooking.

You'll need: 
1. Popsicle containers. Bed Bath and Beyond sells them for $5. Score.
2. 1 cup of Greek yogurt
3. 2 scoops of peanut butter protein
4. 8 sweetner packets
5. 1 tbsp. of coffee
6. 4 tbsp. of chocolate almond milk
7. 2 tbsp. chia seeds (optional)
8. 2 tbsp. Walden Farm zero calorie chocolate syrup

How to?
1. Mix everything together, separate recipe into each pop container, and freeze it. Easy. Awesome. Super yummy. 

This recipe can be used to make protein pudding as well. Exact same ingredients, but chia seeds are mandatory and you'll need 3 tablespoons, not 2. Also a really great treat for those tough nights.

For the pops, each pop is about 120 calories and 23 grams of protein. WHAT?! Yep.

SM






No comments:

Post a Comment