Monday, December 17, 2012

Worst Blogger Ever

I totally failed at this blogging thing. I'm going to give it another try now that I have a life again. This is temporary friends, so don't get cozy. Spring semester is going to spiral me into a deep dark, sad sad place of green tea and fat burners. My brain may just explode. However, that doesn't start until January 21st, so we have time.

Recap on my life in a few short sentences:
1. I quit my job and the hair salon (kind of makes me sad--I miss those girls) and I am now currently working at the health center at school. Good experience, right? Right...
2. I got my phlebotomy license. (The reason I quit my job in the first place.) 
3. I started working with the most amazing trainer in the entire world. Linda is super inspiring and very motivating. Anyone who has the opportunity to train with her is very lucky (myself included). 
4. I've gained 18 pounds (Boo. I want to cry just writing it. BUT I didn't gain the weight over night and it ain't comin' off over night, so I'm working to get back to myself.)

In the spirit of getting back to myself, I wanted to post something about what my diet was and what I'm going back to. My diet has been... well, it hasn't. At all. Existed. Magical. Unicorns. Pretend. A mere figment of my petty little imagination that I was actually doing something awesome for myself, when in reality, someone I hold in high esteem told me to gain some weight. And so I did. A lot. Too much. And now I feel pretty awful. Really awful. I cry frequently about it. (Whammy)

SO, to get myself off this sad sappy boo hoo train, I went back to the basics. The super boring, plain old basic. Steam green beans with balsamic vinegar. Brussel sprouts (my favorite!), broccoli, and asparagus (even though it totally makes my belly hurt.) Proteins are baked chicken, tilapia (ew), tuna, and 99/1 turkey. I'm so boring! But it must be done. I've cut diary (the hardest thing I've had to do so far), cut the coffee (the second hardest thing I've had to do, but really, coffee doesn't taste good without all of delicious sugary creamer crap in it), and I'm working on the sweets. Slowly the sweet crept in and took over like a virus... A plague that is now stuck to my midsection and makes me squirm when I get a good belly handful. I'm back to recording too. There's something about that weird little notebook that stares at me every time I eat something. I guess it accountability? Whatever. It's working.

On the upside, my ass is huge. It's a nice change being that I've always had a concave shaped derrière. I will continue to squat until my legs fall off in every attempt to keep this little cake stand that I've built. But it some of all the magical goodness happens to come off, which it will no doubt, I will just have to make peace. 

It's been real 151. But 133, she's different. She's classy. She's leggy. She's timeless. 151, we just weren't meant to be. Don't be too hard on yourself. It's me... really.



No comments:

Post a Comment