Wednesday, June 8, 2016

What's Right For You?

Penny for your thoughts.

I've been noodling a lot lately over this idea of expectation -- where I am supposed to be working, where I am should to living, the car I'm supposed to be driving, where I am supposed to be in my personal relationships, what size my ass is should be. And I have made a decisions...

I have decided to let go of the expectations of others. Completely let... it... go. Because you see, what's good for you might not be good for me. And vice versa. It's funny how we as humans (or maybe just Americans?) are so quick to say what others should be doing. We compare ourselves, make judgements and stick each other in these little boxes of 'right' and 'wrong'.

"Billy is doing GREAT at work. He's on the right track. He'll be CEO in no time!"
"Jane just can't figure it out. She's still with that deadbeat guy. She's doing it all wrong."

We make judgements based on age, societal status, race, gender. And I just think it's all a crock of poo. So I'm letting it go. Feel free to judge me. That's cool. If that's what you need to do to validate yourself or help you get some extra sleep at night, god-speed.

I'll just strut my toosh on in life and never look in the rearview.

Moving on.

I was in a pinch yesterday, because I didn't bring food to work. So at around 1:00 o'clock, I went to Whole Paycheck Foods and made myself the most AMAZING! salad in the world. Peep it.

Kale
Swiss chard
Spinach
Yellow beets
Grilled asparagus
Marinated red onion and tomato
Green onion
Chicken
Shredded carrots
Roasted garlic --  amazing. It made the salad. Honestly. The best part. I had the breath capable of killing a small animal, but good LORD it was delicious.

They really do have the best salad bar. I just wish it wasn't so expensive. Quality ingredients come with a price tag, unfortunately. It was so filling and nutritious, I don't care that I paid $18. Worth every penny.

SM.

No comments:

Post a Comment