Sunday, June 5, 2016

It's More Than Just Lettuce...

It's an art. What am I talking about? Salads. Obviously...

I made the most amazing salad. Like, ever. I was too excited to wait until my next post to share. If you recall from a post or two ago, I'm trying to lose weight. The right way. Ew...

Memory recalls these low cal gems being in my rotation. My mom has made the most amazing salads since I can remember. When I was in college, we used to spend hours in the kitchen meal prepping GIGANTIC mixes together. So I thought I'd put these bad boys back into my weekly meal plan. Give this one a a shot.

All I have to say is you're welcome.

1 head of iceberg lettuce, loose chopped.
2 medium heads of treviso, chopped
1 cup fresh basil, chopped
1/2 red onion, diced
1 cup of shredded carrots
6 small tomatoes, sliced in halves
2 medium cucumbers, sliced in halves
2 whole shoots of green onion, chopped
2 cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 shoot of raw asparagus, chopped. Trust me...

Directions: Chop all this good stuff up and mix it together! Easy.

I take salad making very serious. I like to play with my ingredients. Arugula and radishes add a nice spice to a mixture. Jicama, cilantro and lime add a bit of Latin flare. Love Mediterranean? Add pickled grape leaves and hummus! Whatever you do, keep it interesting. I can only speak for myself, but it keeps me from getting bored.


















Enjoy. SM.

Weight update: I weigh 157 pounds today. That's good, right? Right? One pound is one pound. I'm going to do a half marathon with my girlfriend. She's in awesome shape. Me... not so much. But I'm hoping running will help to bring down the EL-BEEs. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment