Saturday, June 4, 2016

Banana Puddin' and a stroll through Santa Monica

Schedules. Sheesh. I have a gnarly crazy schedule. Who doesn't, right?  Here's a look at my typical work week.

4:00 am: BUZZ!
5:00 am: Out the door to hit the gym.
5:30 - 7:00 am: Fitness time!
8:00 - 6:30 pm (usually later): Office. Stress. Problem solving. Caffeine. Meeting. Going, going GOING!
6:30 - 8:00 pm: Traffic. I die a little inside everyday on that damn 405 freeway. I swear it's aging me.
8:00 - 9:00 pm: Dinner and time with Bear.
9:00 - 9:30 pm: Sleepy time.

I love Saturday. Just take a look at the above. There is something so relaxing knowing that I don't have to fight that kind of madness. It's a time in the week when I can take a...

deep... breath...

I reserve Saturday to do whatever I want. I hate when I pack my weekend full of obligations. Yes, usually these are social events or much needed family time. But again, at times it can feel like an obligations. Like you have to do something or have to be somewhere. I'll be honest with you, I'm a home body. It took me years to be comfortable with that. But the truth is, I just love to be home. I love my driveway. I love my couch. My kitchen is rad. I may have the most comfortable bed on the planet. And my backyard...takes my breath away. We have a pool. It's pretty awesome.

There's nothing that fills me with more joy than my Bear and a bowl of something chocolate-y on a Friday night.

This week was especially cray. Things at work took a sharp left turn and well, it didn't go well with certain people. So this Saturday, I just wanted to chill. Chill hard. POLAR BEAR CHILLING!  So that's what I'm doing. Nothing. Chilling. It's fudging amazing!

This morning, I woke up bright and early for a cup'a jo. I watched the sun come up and did some Pinteresting. Side bar: I've fallen in love with Pinterest. I'm late. I know. But talk about amazing ideas. So many great recipes and DIY ideas. WEE!

Any who, I eventually put on exercise clothes and met one of my best friends at the Santa Monica stairs. Our intentions were good! We meant to have a mean sweat sesh! It didn't quite work out that way though. After five sets, we decided to instead walk along Ocean Avenue and just chat. Catch up. Look at the ocean. Again, chilling. It was a perfect morning.

We had an amazing chat about expectation and where life is taking us. This person has been a very dear friend to many for over 15 years. I hold her words and opinions in very high esteem. Isn't it crazy how you meet certain people and just decide... yeah. Your cool. Let's be friends. For life?

"The better part of one's life consists of his friendships." #truth.

After, I made my way back home. Joe threw some turkey patties on the grill and we ran stupid couple errands. Along the way, my mind went back to that chocolate-y Friday night desires. I looked in my recipe archives I threw together this gem. It's super easy. And delicious. And it's a fantastic substitute to those (shitty) frozen yogurts you buy at the market. Check, check, check it out.

1 large container of Fage Greek yogurt. You'll need the whole container.
3 medium bananas, riped and mashed. Not mushy, just gently mashed.
1 packet instant sugar free pudding
1 cup almond or coconut milk, whatever wets your whistle.
2 tbsp. dark chocolate cocoa, unsweetened.
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
Dash of salt

1. Mix your wet ingredients. Peel and gently mash the bananas. Mix in the entire container of yogurt and almond milk.
2. Mix your dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Cocoa, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
3. Fold your ingredients together. If it's too thick, add a bit more milk. The pudding mix and yogurt can make it very heavy. If you like it thinner, add more milk. Whatever you like.
4. Separate your mixture into 6 containers and freeze.

Done. Simple. Right?

When you're ready to enjoy this tasty treat, take it out of the freezer and give it 15 minutes or so to defrost. Enjoy it kids. Let me know what you think.

SM


No comments:

Post a Comment