Friday, August 25, 2017

One Month!

The countdown begins! Yikes! It's so close! Funny how times just slips away. It goes so quick - sometimes it's hard to step back and take it all in. Everything that is happening right in front of you.

These last few months have been nuts. We had my bridal shower, my bachelorette, many weddings and wedding events for our close friends and so much more. Work swooped me up and took me for a wild ride from the end of June to the beginning of August. Gosh, sometimes I just don't know how much longer I can do this. But that's another post for another time.

As for my big wedding weight loss goal, well it didn't happen. Long story short, I got ahead of myself and hurt my back (again!) in June. This time, I went to the doctor and started physical therapy. I feel much, MUCH better after working through it for the last few weeks. It's be a huge help. However, part of the perscription was very light exercise. Think stationary bike and swimming only. GUH!

For a person like myself that is used to lifting super heavy stuff and doing hard workouts, it feels like it's been a big set back. But that's life. I have to take it all in stride and recognize that the recovery trumps a back squat PR. My priorities are different these days. I care more about the long term and what's ahead in the next two or three years. (Babies!) If I'm not healthy enough to carry my little babe in my belly, I've got bigger problems on my hands.

As Joe and I count down to the last few weeks and days before the wedding, we're beginning to have serious life conversations. What's the plan this year; next; in the next three; in the next five. So many exciting things on the horizon.

That my friends is more important than any weight loss goal. My happiness is not dictated by the number on a scale. Instead, by all of the amazing life experiences that I get to have with my husband and family.

Toodles poodles. Next time, I'll share wedding and road trip pictures.

SM.

No comments:

Post a Comment